Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vanguard Build through my Eyes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LordNareshk
Admin
LordNareshk

Vanguard Build through my Eyes Empty
PostSubject: Vanguard Build through my Eyes   Vanguard Build through my Eyes EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 4:49 pm

Ok Since there's not many Vanguards i thought i'd share my build and things i found effective rolling a vanguard.. So lets get into it

Vanguard Overview

• Vanguards ARE NOT the Tank Class of the game, but dont listen to what everyone says about them being the "Squishy" Class of the game. All that aside their defense is lower then the other Warrior class (Justicar) Given the right gear and build you should do just fine.
  • With the Warrior Base Class Vanguard and Justicar alike , you will wanna be a lupine. the stat bonuses gained by being a Lupine will Greatly Help you as a Vanguard.
  • A Vanguards Main weapon is Spear no matter what anyone says, to play a Vanguard to its full potential you will need to be using a spear.

Weapons

• Spear - Will be you Main Weapon And the main bulk of your skills will be Spear Skills
  • 2H Wartool - You will have only 1 Skill that works with Wartool for Awhile Until you able to spend some points in your Bloodlust Skills
  • Gun - Having a Gun isnt Neccesary but it sure is worth it. It will be one of your only way as a vanguard to Get some ranged Damage into the mix.(Aside from Reckless Assault)

Skills and Build

The Table below is a list of the seven skills you need to Run an effective Vanguard. It is organized by priority from Left to Right.
These are the Skills you will be keeping maxed until 81. Focus on these 7 skills and Later in the game you will be Getting more skills so be Patient.

Main Skills Hurricane Counter Vengence Shockwave Blood Spiral Gale Force Pin Berserker Rage

This will be Your build For the main duration of the game if you plan on Leveling effeciently.Later on in the game in you 1xx's you are most likely gonna wanna forcus more towards PvP so with that said you will need to swap out some skill for better PvP suited Skills.

For example Hurricane Counter and Vengeance are great skills but in a pvp Situation they might not be the best choices for this. What you could do is remove the 2 skills which will free up room for 2 new Skills, Which in that case i would Choose Reckless Assault. It is a Vanguards only Ranged skill and is great for dealing damage. The other Skill is Debabtable and really depends on how stable your Party formation will be , but that will be discussed another time.

This Fast Forward to end game as in lv 120. You will have a total of 12 1/2 Skills and 3 Grandmaster Skills. Ill Give you an Example of what i think will be a great set up for end game.

Shockwave 10/10 Reckless Assault 10/10 Guillotine Chop 10/10
Bone Snapper 10/10 Blood Spiral 10/10 Gale Force 10/10
Pin 10/10 Crushing Blow 10/10 Shattering Blow 10/10
Spirit Screen10/10 Berserker Rage10/10 Charge 10/10
Scorpion Tail 6/10

Also By the end of the Game you will have a total of 171 Sp to play with minus the 45 you need for Grandmater skills(30 Sp) mastery Skills(10 Sp) and elemental affinity(5 Sp). That Leaves you with 126 Sp to play with by the time your 120.

Making sense of it all

Ok So now that you made it this far you might be asking yourself"How Would i apply this to Playing an effecient Vanguard?" and its simple. Its all about balance and knowing you character. Justicars are the tanks in this game but it doesnt mean vanguards dont do their fair share of Tanking. Hurricane Counter and Vengeance are great Added Damage to killing a monster which means you can hold Aggro quite well. But to make a Vanguards potential shine you will need a good Animator to back you up. So what does this mean? Well basically what it means is a vanguard is a party Class. If you can find yourself a Stable Animator to play with, you will find it to be extremely fun.

Well thats all for now, ill update this post as i find something i missed and when i actually feel like elaborating more on the subject. Also you can always ask anything in game if you need further help ill be glad to take the time and help out a fellow vanguard. So until the next post update im out .
Back to top Go down

Vanguard Build through my Eyes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Boards :: Rogwel Pride :: Class Discussion-
Jump to: